Firearms and Ammuni Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meant to ask whether anyone on the forum (currently or soon to join) participates in any sort of tactical rifle sport.

I'm vaguely interested in trying it, but haven't really found a venue. It seems to me to be more related to practical field shooting skills than silhouette or benchrest.

I'd appreciate hearing experienced opinions.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd like to hear more about this too. I've got my first decent .308 rifle coming to me on Thursday after an agonizing 10-day waiting period (a Sig SSG 3000), and I'd love to have the opportunity to use it for something a little more active than punching paper once I've nailed down the basics. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rowlock said:
I'd like to hear more about this too. I've got my first decent .308 rifle coming to me on Thursday after an agonizing 10-day waiting period (a Sig SSG 3000), and I'd love to have the opportunity to use it for something a little more active than punching paper once I've nailed down the basics. :)
By the way, when you get it? I want to know how it shoots off the bench. If it lives up to the reputation you should get a sub-MOA cold bore shot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That looks interesting, but probably way above my skill level. I agree - something more casual would be nice. Maybe along the lines of IDPA / IPSC for pistols, in terms of the ratio between fun and "serious business".

I'll definitely post here when I get a chance to take it out and shoot! Really looking forward to it. I've got accurate rifles in smaller calibers, but nothing that's good out beyond several hundred yards. I'll also be looking for ranges where I can get out to those distances, which might be a harder problem. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.