Firearms and Ammuni Forum banner

Looking for a holster

8K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  samuelcruz 
#1 · (Edited)
Like the title says, I'm looking for a holster. Specifics are for the Glock 19, something that can be worn outside the waistband on the belt, either right hand draw or cross draw capable, ideally under $100.Although I'm not opposed to a thigh holster if it's the best option.

Blackhawk Serpa holster is no good because of concerns over the risk of accidental discharge when improperly manipulating the release lever near the trigger. And a number of a police officers who have them have reported that the Safariland holsters with the thumb release lever near the top damage the factory polymer sights unless the gun is holstered without the utmost care.

#3 ·
Their model 56 holster looks pretty good for the intended purpose. Not sure about cross draw though.

#5 ·
Alright so I finally got a holster for my Glock, it's made by Federal Holsterworks, the same company that made the holster for my Bersa Thunder. Not a concealed carry option by any measure unless the weather's really cold, but it comes with an extra magazine pouch, a retention strap that's fairly stiff enough to not get in the way when reholstering, and it has a belt clip with an upturned hook that makes it more difficult to remove from the belt through an unconscious action.

Reactions: Rule303
#6 ·
That extra magazine pouch would be a good feature.
It is my sincere hope that you never NEED it or any other of your firearms. But it is very good to be prepared to use it/them.

#9 ·
The holster I finally got is the Bianchi 57. I thought that because only part of the gun is covered, retention is going to be weak, but that's not the case; this thing holds onto the gun tighter than social dregs cling to government handouts. Currently I'm trying the wax paper method of breaking it in and loosening it up.

Reactions: Rule303
#10 ·
In addition to the Bianchi holster, I now have a Blackhawk Sportster holster. And of the two I'm liking the Blackhawk a bit better, because it clips on and I don't have to take my belt off to take it off.

#11 ·
Alright, long time and nothing but silence. Time for an update.

For holster I have the Blackhawk sportster holster, I really like that one. The Binachi 57 is also very good, although I have to be careful in holstering the Glock, because if I push it in too hard, it'll hold really tight even after being loosened up with wax paper for several days. I also have an Active Pro Gear holster for my LCP and it carries an extra magazine right by it in my cargo pocket. This one sees the most use, but as the weather gets colder I realize I can't wear cargo pants forever.

Currently I'm considering the Galco ankle holster as an option. I've been wearing a boot knife for over a year and no longer even notice it, so I'm optimistic that it would just be a matter of time before I get used to a holstered pistol in its place. But I'd like to ask for feedback from folks who might have experience in this field on how they feel about ankle carry as an option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.