Firearms and Ammuni Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I am not so sure I want to play anymore if your not going to continue to bash some of my hand guns:D

Concerning your Bersa could you possibly call the company to find out what the difference between the firing pin block and non block models?
What about removing the finish on the slide and just polishing it yourself. Would be a bit of elbow greased used but I suspect you would do a good job and it would look mighty spiffy.
I was a Taurus owner myself, until I found out that the 24/7 couldn't chamber factory loads because their overall length was too long. After that I just got kinda soured on the line. How do you screw up factory specs that badly?

The thing about the Bersa is that even though it has a steel slide, it doesn't specify what type of steel. Stripping and polishing the finish might work, but then it would leave the steel unprotected and vulnerable to rust accumulation. And the more polished you make it, the more prone to rusting it is.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was a Taurus owner myself, until I found out that the 24/7 couldn't chamber factory loads because their overall length was too long. After that I just got kinda soured on the line. How do you screw up factory specs that badly?

The thing about the Bersa is that even though it has a steel slide, it doesn't specify what type of steel. Stripping and polishing the finish might work, but then it would leave the steel unprotected and vulnerable to rust accumulation. And the more polished you make it, the more prone to rusting it is.
If Bersa offers a model that you want (stainless & wood grips) why not buy it then sell the piece you have now?
Oh and I hope you know I just like to have fun and am not giving you a hard time about not liking Taurus.
I own a 1977 Chevy 1/2 ton 4X4 pickup with the belly button 350 (four bolt main) and turbo 400 trans.
I have real good friends that hate Chevy, hate the 350 and hate old vehicles. I am not letting what they think about my truck bother our friendship.
Some folks like one thing and others like something different (well that is as long as it continues to work :D).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If Bersa offers a model that you want (stainless & wood grips) why not buy it then sell the piece you have now?
Because the model I have is devoid of the internal locking mechanism that blights all current models like a malignant mole.

Oh and I hope you know I just like to have fun and am not giving you a hard time about not liking Taurus.
Oh I know. I know how to play with the boys and not get my feelings hurt.

Reactions: Rule303

·
Registered
97 Posts
Because the model I have is devoid of the internal locking mechanism that blights all current models like a malignant mole.

Oh I know. I know how to play with the boys and not get my feelings hurt.
Great!!! Well I am now off to go look at a Raven .25 ACP;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
In all fairness to Taurus, at least they had the sense to put their lawyer safety in an unobtrusive spot on their revolvers. Being part of the hammer makes them far less prone to failure under heavy recoil than the frame mounted lock of the Smith & Wesson revolvers that just about everyone takes out and throws away.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.